Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tau: State of the army

So I finished my two XV8 suits and 3 Firewarriors batch and wanted to take some time to evaluate where I am now with painting my Tau army.

On April 16th, I started this whole madness with Shas'la S'mik. Now, 35 days later, this is where I'm at. I like to think I made a lot of progress with the army and I really like the pace at which this project is moving forward.

I have about 300 points painted up if you count both XV8s as regular XV8s. However, I need a Commander, so before I buy one, one of the XV8s will stand in as the commander, bumping the painted points (for now) to about 400. Not bad for a month of painting :D

After the break, there's a list of what I have finished and what I still need to do.




Stuff that is finished:
  • 10 Firewarriors
  • 3 Stealth suits
  • 2 XV8s (without weapon systems)
  • 2 Gun drones
Stuff that I have and still need to paint:
  • 12 Kroot
  • 1 Firewarrior
  • Devilfish
  • Riptide
  • 2 Broadsides

Stuff that I need to strip paint from to start over (yuck):

  • Hammerhead
  • 2 Gun drones
  • 1 Firewarrior
I don't care that much for the Firewarrior and Gun drones, but the Hammerhead is an integral part of my army, so I need that painted up (in the right color scheme :p).

I will leave here with an extra picture of the latest finished batch:


I hope to keep up this momentum and I'm very curious what I will get painted in another month or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...