Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It was not done... NOW it's done!


It looked done... but it didn't feel done...
And like I said in yesterday's post, I wanted to go back in and add some smaller markings, just to tie it all together. I also said I needed a break from painting... well, here's what I did yesterday...


I didn't feel like painting yesterday, so I started out playing some World of Tanks. For good form (and because you need to wait up to a minute for a match to start) I grabbed my Tau codex from the shelf and took a look at the painted vehicles in the showcase part of the book.

After looking at some pictures and thinking how on earth am I gonna freehand markings like that, the thought hit me that all plastic kits of GW come with a transfer sheet... that I have a tendency to throw away. But I faintly remembered seeing a Tau vehicle transfer sheet not so long ago, and since I've had the devilfish and hammerhead for a number of years, it wasn't when I threw it out.

Sure enough, the first place I looked (in the lid of the devilfish box, where I keep my painted Tau for now) had a Tau vehicle transfer sheet at the bottom. I thought what the heck, let's give it a shot, and this is what came out:
There is no way I could've made that T'au symbol work if I painted it freehand.

I added another layer of varnish over the top in the hope that it would lessen the 'plastic' effect around the edges of the transfers, but it didn't... I will need to buy some decal solvent, but for now, I really like what the decals did for the model.

Do you use decals? Show me some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...